We talk to Alex Mitchell about the Marbella property market and the discreet luxury service, offered by this family-owned agency.
1) How would you describe the Mitchell’s philosophy?
Our company’s philosophy has always been based on Transparency, Trust and Commitment. And focused always in providing wise, objective and professional advice, with a strict code of conduct and transparency, combined with a touch of passion and determination.
2) What do you feel sets your agency apart from others in this area?
One of the main factors is being a genuine family-owned business, placing an enormous emphasis on the efficiency and quality of the service we offer to our clients as well as having the ability to adapt and make changes effectively, always tuning in to what our customers want. A collective effort by team members all acting for the same client to bring to the table different skill sets and knowledge, and a constant drive to be better, as individuals and as an agency. My mother Dixie has been running the company for 20 years and I aim to continue for at least another 20!
3) Did the episode of a “A Place in the Sun”, that featured your agency, bring you many clients?
It didn’t generate many clients but it had a positive effect on all our existing clients.
4) What are the most challenging, and satisfying parts of your work?
The most challenging is collaborating with other agencies, hoping they have the same code of ethics. And finding the right property for the client. It sounds cliché but the most satisfying is when we succeed in finding that dream home /investment for our clients and when they continue working with us over the years, a testament to the quality of service we provide.
5) For many agents 2022 was their most successful year ever, was this the case for Mitchell’s as well?
Yes, 2022 was in fact the most successful year to date, but 2021 was not far behind.
6) How is 2023 doing compared to last year?
Incredibly positive, already having achieved more sales than the first quarter of last year and expanding to other areas successfully; like the sale of our first luxury property in Sotogrande.
7) What nationalities are buying the most properties at the moment?
Americans, Polish, British and Spanish.
8) Which area in Marbella is your favourite?
I love East Marbella. From Cabopino to Los Monteros.
9) What do you think of the area that Vista Lago is located in – Real de La Quinta?
I sincerely believe this will be one of the most exclusive areas in the Costa del Sol. The concept that Real de La Quinta is offering is something unique unlike anything else on this coast. Unique location, spectacular views, facilities on site, and only a short drive to all amenities.
10) What prompted Mitchell’s to choose to work alongside BRIGHT developments?
The concept of design and building homes with quality and sophistication, personalized to the client’s needs in a very exclusive location.
We believe that it’s a great investment, and that it will become one of the most desired areas in Marbella.
Everything within Real de la Quinta is new and modern. So when you are in business of selling luxury properties and lifestyle, BRIGHT developments is synonym of that. And last but not least, it’s been a pleasure working with Lina who provides constant support when required, professional and efficient.